Friday, December 11, 2009

We're having a ...

wonderful, little girl and that has scared me so!


What a day we had just getting to that point. Miss Destructive (a.k.a L) took it upon herself to damage the couch, the bathroom door (and previously in the week the towel rack). N on purpose, of course, but the culmination of the breakages, an e-mail from her brother, the empty petrol tank, and the impending scan caused a all meltdown in L. But on we drove, determined to see little Wombie (who may be little Ella-Reece/Rhys), L in tears beside me. Could the day get any worse. Yes it can!


Got to the doctors room, where ever-friendly Debbie (the scan-lady-with-the-magic-and) kept us waiting, then doctor had to go catch a baby and he kept us waiting, then lost in the hospital and kept waiting some more. But it was so worth it!


When we got to see he 4D scan our hearts just melted. There was the most beautiful face, and stomach, and feet, and hands I have ever seen. And 90% certain we're having a little girl. It was so overwhelming.


I struggle to imagine being a father, let alone a father to a little princess. All the things that could possible go wrong consume me. And yet, I am over the moon. To soon be her daddy! To hold this precious gift and know that I will stand in the way of anything that ever wanted t hurt her (I may be 90 years old, but I'll still kick his ass). To know that she will love me no matter what! Like I said, very overwhelming.

L's just come home, so .... gotta run!
What I've learnt so far: no matter how bad the day is, seeing her makes my heart skip a beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment