Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello again ...

So it's been a while because of ... well life. Holiday ended! Work began with a bang! New houses demanded attention!
I think over the last two weeks I have dreaded writing anything. Not because of having nothing to say or not wanting to, but because I didn't know how to.
We are weeks away - maybe 5, maybe 7 somewhere between there - from the birth of a new baby and the house if filled with excitement and anticipation, and a hint of fear (maybe more than a hint). The list of things to do is still pages long and it is unlikely we'll ever feel ready - both physically (beds, clothes, nappies, etc) and as parents. So I've decided to live with that (partly).
What has also been happening is:
1. Cot and changing table are now in the room with the pram. Clothes have been shoved into the cupboard and just to get the all-round feeling right, there are baby bottles in the kitchen.
2. L has a ball protruding from her stomach but (thankfully) is not yet getting up like a pregnant lady.
3. Birth plan has been decide on, now we just have to convince the doctor. We've compromised and decided to go for a crash course pre-natal class.
This is all good, because recently L found out that Wombie has decided to head south and start her decent towards light. Holding our breath that she holds hers for a few more weeks - I just don't like plans being messed with.
And all this to link up with where I began - life happens. The days go on and the much anticipated birth date draws closer and there is nothing we can do about it.
So hold on, babe, coz here we go!
What I've learnt so far: I can now count to 33 weeks and count down the weeks in days! How clever am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment