Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bravo round mamma

So here it is: the home-stretch. This will probably be the last post in this roller-coaster blog. In 5 more sleeps, little Wombie will make an appearance, and it couldn't be soon enough. Her mother is at bursting point; round and glowing in the heat.
I've been musing again, the last time in the foreseeable future, about what these nine months have been about. Sure, it's important that the little womb-dweller grows and develops and learns to breathes, but I think more has been going on. It's like the evolution of a man. And this idea has been strengthened by:
"Don't be surprised to suddenly find the energy (and the enthusiasm) for compulsive cleaning, painting, and organizing. Run (and dust) with it — it's nature's way of assuring that you'll have a comfy, clean nest for your baby when you all come home." (From What-to-expect When, ahh bugger it, I'm not typing out the whole name!)
So there it is: nature had nine months to prepare me (not the womb-dweller) for this experience! She learnt to bungee on the umbilical cord, I learnt new degrees of panic; she learnt to kick mom right in the gut, I learnt if my gut gets too big she may not love me; she learnt to breathe in amniotic fluid ... oh shit she wins.
But there has been an evolution of sorts taking place inside me. I'm excited about Friday and finally meeting this growing bump on my wife's stomach. I feel more prepared than I did in the beginning. It's a strange thing that happens with fear ... but unless I'm worrying about something I don't feel I'm doing anything. Round mamma (L) has evidence she's going to be a mom, I've just got my fears.
And in it all I also learnt new degrees of love. I think it's like the definition of faith (what you can't see but still believe)! I've fallen for someone I don' even know yet, how bizarre is that! I love our little girl!
Mostly, I've evolved into this very excited. neurotic, father-to-be and I embrace the new role with all my heart! I'm okay with messing up (Wombie might not be so excited). I'm okay with feeling emotions I never new existed. I'm kay with sleepless nights, crying baby, dirty nappies, and seeing our money go down the drain. I'm more ready for the whole experience and that's a good thing, because the is no backing out of it now. Let's g round mamma, I'm so proud of you!
What I've learnt so far: I'm going to be a dad!! Thanks for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment