Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Getting on my nerve

L is now 36 weeks along in this amazing journey of growing a baby. At first, 40 weeks (9/10 months) seemed so long, but now it feels like we need another 36 just to get ready. But the clothes are washed,the wall has pencil drawings on, and we have nappies. What more do we need?
L, however, is not so keen for another 36 weeks of this. Seems that Wombie has taken to sitting on her nerve. What this means is that, not only does L have to waddle down the passage, but now she has to do so with a stuck nerve. Just the other day, she got stuck in the main road between two banks; unable to move and walking like a 90 year old geriatric. Great bank robber she'd have made!
Last night I found my wife down on all fours, rocking from front to back. It is a sight to behold: a heavily pregnant woman, bare-foot and on her hands and knees in the lounge. I must admit, I felt a bit like the king o my castle. Turns out though, it wasn't an act of submission, but rather L trying to easy the pain. Oh well, a man can dream!
What I've learnt so far: There are benefits to being a man, and I'm thankful each and every day! Only 15 more sleeps to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment