Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time

They say "time waits for no man". True, but did they ever consider a pregnant woman. L has managed the impossible -she controls time. Every task has somehow been slowed done and now takes what seems like an eternity.
Right now L has positioned herself on the floor, spread-eagled, trying to paint her toe nails at 36 weeks pregnant. Legs are everywhere and she grunts and sighs with every reach for her toes. A task that would previously have been a simple plonking down on the floor, has now turned into a marathon event, with me as spectator - enjoying every minute. A walk down the passage now takes that bit longer, showers are an event, and I ensure she gets a head-start to the car.
I find some perverse pleasure in seeing time slow down, secretly desiring to place things in obscured positions just to see how long it takes her to get to them. I obviously would never tell my now heavily pregnant wife of these desire; never know the beating that could follow. But it entertains me.
Today we have decided to take maternity photos -L fearing she could go to seed at any minute. It's all very exciting and scary.The shots have been decided, clothes, stance and position known. All that's waiting is for me to get the camera out and start going for it. But that where I hit a brick wall (as usual with my forehead). I'm so afraid I mess up the shot. L is beautiful now. Glowing in the summer heat, with her round belly protruding - an absolutely amazing and an exciting experience for us both (I'm probably getting more enjoyment out of it at the moment). But what if I screw it up and she's disappointed?
Here she is carrying the most precious cargo and doing such an amazing job at it and all I have to do is take the shot! How difficult is that? No pressure!!!
Well, we'll see how it goes.Hopefully, I won't be tossed out with my camera bag following!
What I've learnt so far: There's a reason woman fall pregnant and carry the baby for 9 (10) months- God gave them the patience! I'd have gone out of my mind by now! L's taking it like another day at the spa! God I love her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment